Hazard Companies is seeking an experienced Union Carpenter Foreman, with at least 3+ years experience. Experience in bridge work, wooden structures related to bridges, knowledge paving operations including Caltrans, and airports.
Candidates must be current Carpenters Union members or be willing to join the local Carpenters chapter.
The Foreman provides leadership and is responsible for, although not limited to:
- Supervision of crew, including training and mentoring crew members
- Installation and construction of various paving projects
- Ensuring the safety of crew members
- Following company policies
- Productivity of crew
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead a team to:
- Build and assemble wood forms and form systems
- Digs ditches and trenches as
- Mix, pour and spread concrete
- Provide assistance to crew
- Understand how to erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, barricades, forms, etc
Attention to detail
Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers and the public
Able to comply with all safety and company policies and procedures
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical with drug and alcohol screen.
Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Able to stand, kneel, squat, bend, push, pull, climb, and stretch while performing the essential functions of the job
Able to push and pull with hands and arms and move repetitively
Able to be alert and cognitive of multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including awareness of other employees, subcontractors, machinery, equipment, and moving traffic when applicable
Able to work around loud noises
Work in close proximity to heavy traffic
To apply for this position, please click on a link below to complete and submit an on-line Application for Employment and/or submit a copy of your resume. Or you can apply in person at 10529 Vine Street, Lakeside CA 92040.
Hazard Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.