Construction Truck Driver
Hazard Construction Companies is seeking an experienced Construction Truck Driver, with at least 3+ years’ experience.
As a driver, you will operate various trucks at different types of jobsites. This involves local hauling of equipment and attachments as well as loading/unloading and securing equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performing daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion reporting any needed repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety
• Demonstrating proper and safe equipment usage
• Completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements
• Previous experience in driving trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment.
• You must be able to operate safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas.
• Valid driver's license with Class A CDL certification, DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
• Must be a member of the Local Teamsters Union, or willing to join
• Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines
• Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery
• Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment
• Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
• Prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within owner/rental industry and working understanding of load securement and transport
Other Abilities required:
Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
Work overtime as required
Ability to communicate effectively with both Superintendents and crew members
This position is paid Prevailing Wage for all Public Works Projects as determined by the DIR and Local CBA.
Hazard Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans, Disabled
To apply for this position, please click on a link below to complete and submit an on-line Application for Employment and/or submit a copy of your resume. Or you can apply in person at 10529 Vine Street, Lakeside CA 92040.