Hazard Construction is looking for qualified Construction Laborers. Candidates must be able to perform a wide range of physically demanding tasks that include but are not limited to; clearing and preparing work zones and rights of way; install traffic barricades, cones, and markers; and control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones; install sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, build manholes, and lay concrete and asphalt on roads; help other craft workers including carpenters and cement masons. Must have experience working with asphalt.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Lifting up to 100 lbs. occasionally from floor to waist.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently from floor to shoulder.
- Carrying up to 50 lbs. and up to 25 feet frequently.
- Manual and power tool handling.
- Push/pull force up to 90 lbs. occasionally and 20 lbs. constantly.
- Stooping, sustained bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, forward reaching, and twisting constantly.
- Have good balance, good communication skills, and good visual acuity.
- Knowledge of paving equipment and the paving process.
- Ability to perform manual labor tasks.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
This position is paid Prevailing Wage for all Public Works Projects as determined by the DIR.
All Hazard positions require satisfactory completion of a physical ability test and clean drug and alcohol screening.
We offer a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision and optional Flexible Spending, 401K, and Life benefits. Compensation is DOE.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please click on a link below to complete and submit an on-line Application for Employment and/or submit a copy of your resume. Or you can apply in person at 10529 Vine Street, Lakeside CA 92040.